Saturday, June 01, 2013

How Not to Update Blog only when Complaining

.. you tell me, I have no idea.

Okay, not complaining. Lets see if this stays true to the end of this entry.

I am missing both my brothers who are not with me. Izzul and Aiman. Aiman severely so because he just left us last Thursday. Out of all my brothers, he is the one always poking his head into my room asking me what I'm doing. And also the one I argued often at the dining table with. I miss the heck out of him. I thought I am all out of tears, but then suddenly my eyes are wet again. He is in a very challenging position right now. I pray that God lighten his burden.

I was trying to find how to get him connected to the internet. Based on an info I got from a Yemeni friend of mine, I googled further and discovered more. Seeing as there is very little information about this on the internet I thought I would put this here so if anyone else has the same problem as me, he/she may find this useful.

HOW TO SUBSCRIBE TO MOBILE INTERNET IN YEMEN

  1. Buy a special sim card from Sabafon called "SabaNet". This is a special sim to connect to the net, and different from the usual Sabafon sim card.  (source)
  2. Buy Sabafon scratch card (top up card) in the highest denomination (Bronze for 200 Units at 2,300 YER ~ around RM 35) (source)
  3. Choose which package to subscribe. The cheapest is 100 MB/month at 130 Units. (source)
Expensive considering how little data they are allocating. But seeing this is using GPRS technology it might actually be a challenge to finish up those 100 MB in a month.

This is the end of this entry. I didn't complain after all.

No comments: